Our Parents Association is the structure through which parents in our school work together with the Principal, Staff and the Board of Management, for the best possible education for our children. The Association organises a number of fundraising events throughout the school year, including our annual cake sale, carol singing, our school calendar, seasonal raffles and dress up days. These events have helped fund new equipment for our school yard, trips to the Panto, activities and treats for the children to name but a few.
Would You Like To Help?
New members are welcome onto the committee and volunteers are required for various events and activities or you can simply come along and support our fundraising events. Or maybe you are in a position to sponsor one of our many events during the year? You can contact us at email@example.com if you would like to get involved.
All parents and guardians of present pupils at the school are welcome as members of the Parents Association, with the aim of having a representative from each of the classes. Our committee is elected at the start of each school year and meets every month to plan and organise our events.
The members of the committee for 2017-2018 are:
- Sinead Murphy, Chair
- Eimear Mahoney, Treasurer
- Niamh Sweeney, Secretary
The Parents Association meets in the Parents Room on the first Friday of every month. The meeting is structured and formal in that it follows an agreed agenda, while at the same time having a relaxed atmosphere were everyone’s views and opinions are sought and welcomed. The Principal or Deputy Principal is invited to attend each meeting, providing updates on and seeking the views and opinions of the Association on matters of relevance. The parents’ representative on the Board of Management is also invited to attend the Association meetings.
The goal of the Parents’ Association is to enhance the quality of the educational experience for all those associated with our school. The Association exists to:
- Support and initiate activities which advance the aims and objectives of our school without interference in the process of governance, management or internal day-to day running of the school.
- Develop good lines of communication which will allow a two-way flow of information between the committee, parents and other relevant bodies
- Organise and support social and educational activities which are designed to develop and enhance relationships in the school community.
- Raise funds for approved projects
The Parents Association operates within the guidelines of The OLOC Parents’ Association Constitution.